Let’s start with the first food gift from my post on 7 food gifts…gingerbread granola. This means it’s granola with gingerbread flavoring…not gingerbread broken into granola pieces, or some other interpretation you may have. This recipe is yummy if you like cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, and all those great gingerbread flavors, with little pieces of crystallized ginger that give the granola a tiny bite/zing from the ginger. It’s even made with molasses just like real gingerbread. Here’s the recipe.
Recipe adapted from whipperberry.com
Yield: about 12 -14 cups
- 8 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 3 cups pecans, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ tsp ground cloves
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 cup melted butter
- 2/3 cup real maple syrup
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 1.5 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup flax seeds
- ¼ cup chopped candied ginger
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment or a baking mat. Mix all ingredients in the order listed together in a large bowl. Ensure all parts are evenly coated. Spread into an even layer on your prepared pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes, stirring halfway through the baking time. Allow to cool completely and enjoy!
- Store in an airtight container for up to two weeks.
Butter, molasses, ginger, oh my!
Throw in the chopped pecans…
Mix in all other ingredients. I added the flax seeds to give it a little more robust nutrition profile…ya know, with all the fat and sugar, you’ll need your protein and omega 3’s. Ha…
The food label I made I secured on the top of the mason jar by taping it to the inner circle and placing the lid rim on top. I made them all in picmonkey so you can’t adjust this one, but you can make your own.