Honey roasted almonds are a definite crowd pleaser and easy to make. I wanted to whip up a quick snack and only had a short time before guests came over. I had a ton of almonds from Costco and wanted to make something with them…so there you have it, honey roasted almonds!
Honey Roasted Almonds
- 2 cups raw almonds with skin
- 3 Tablespoons water
- 3 Tablespoons honey
- 1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- Set oven to 350 degrees F. Lay almonds flat on parchment paper on a baking pan. Place in cold oven and let sit for about 10 minutes until roasted.
- In a bowl, mix together sugar and salt. Set aside for later.
- In a small pot, mix together water, honey, and oil. Let come to a boil. Take almonds from oven and place them into the pot. Let almonds cook in mixture for about 5 minutes absorbing the honey mixture.
- Using a slotted spoon scoop almonds from pot and place into a bowl while sprinkling the sugar/salt mixture in between scoops. Evenly coat almonds in mixture.
- Lay almonds flat on the same baking pan and let cool to room temperature. Serve!
When you roast the almonds, make sure they aren’t overlapping like below. I shook these until the almonds lay flat.
I recommend the slotted spoon because I drizzled the liquid mixture over top the almonds and they were a little too goopy. So I would use a slotted spoon next time. Then sprinkle the sugar salt mixture on top.
Mix it up.
Lay flat again on the baking sheet and let cool and dry. I would put a little more salt to taste at the very end.